Hello! It's Stacie here! A couple quick updates on the podcast before we get into this week's content:
1) The website is live! It's www.silverandgoldpodcast.com. You can find episodes, download free resources, learn more about me, and contact me with any questions.
2) The Facebook page is live!! Please like the page and share it with your friends, co-leaders, and parents in your troop. In addition to posting podcast episodes and announcements there, I'll also be posting cool Girl Scout news stories, resources, and anything else I find interesting around the web!
Memorial Day Wishes
First of all, I want to send you well wishes for the memorial day weekend. I'm sending a big thank you to those families that have lost a loved one during their military service, those who are currently serving our country, as well as all Girl Scout troops who will show their respect in memorial day activities this weekend, such as community parades, gatherings, and cemetery services. (I also wish you good weather, while you're out and about this weekend.)
It's Bridging Season!
Spring is definitely in the air, and that means it's...bridging season! In this episode, we're going through a few of the basics of bridging. This is great for new leaders or those who have not hosted Bridging ceremony before.
Here's an overview, but listen to this episode to get the details!
Bridging = the act of transitioning from one Girl Scout level to another. Girls automatically transition to the next level when they move to a new grade level in school associated with a given Girl Scout level.
- Optional, but encouraged: Host a Bridging ceremony.
- Optional, but encouraged: Guide girls in earning a Bridging Award (details in the Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting [binder]).
- Ceremonies are usually hosted in the spring, but can also be summer or early fall.
- Remember that the membership year is technically October 1 to September 30, so "on paper" or in the computer system, you will be your current level until October 1, or a few days after.
Get the Bridging Award requirements
(official listing downloaded from http://www.girlscouts.org/en/about-girl-scouts/traditions/ceremonies.html#bridging)
Other ceremonies that are similar:
- Investiture (welcoming new girls into Girl Scouting)
- Re-dedication (renewing your commitment to Girl Scouting)
- Scouts' Own (which can really be about anything)
It's not too late to plan a Bridging ceremony for your girls! For this episode's free resource, I'm offering you a 4-page pdf with my 7-step plan for a Quick and Easy Bridging Ceremony. This is for those of us that are just now realizing that it's May, and - oh wait... it's the end of May! - and we need to put something together QUICK! This is not a fancy celebration by any means, but it will help you get the job done.