Wow, folks! This has been a CRAZY week of wrapping our minds around the new Journey and badge content released by GSUSA in the Volunteer Toolkit and the online store. There is so much to cover, and I barely know where to begin. In this week's episode, we'll start out with some answers to frequently asked questions. I'll give you a rundown of the new Journeys and badges (which you can follow along with in the Resource Packet), talk a bit about GoldieBlox kits, I'll apologize to Cadettes/Seniors/Ambassadors, and we'll wrap up with this week's Item of the Week.
I still have WAY more to learn about each of these Journeys and badges, and I'm looking forward to sharing resources with you, if you promise to share with me too! Later this week, I'm heading to a council All Staff meeting to actually lead some of the activities from the new Journeys in a training, and I will definitely share my experience with you! [PS. Any council staff members out there - if you want to offer training or workshops for your staff - on this, or any topic...I'm your girl.]
Resource Packet Updates - 9/8/17
There is one change and one addition to version 3 of the packet:
- The Cadette Outdoor Journey includes the Night Owl badge (instead of the Trees badge, which was previously announced by GSUSA)
- A note has been added about new Space Science badges coming in later rollouts.
Resource Packet Updates - 7/31/17
These are updates and clarifications I received from GSUSA on Friday, July 28 and have now been incorporated into the packet. I am re-sending the packet to everyone who has downloaded it, as well.
- Cybersecurity badges will be available to D/B/J in 2018 and to C/S/A in 2019.
- Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) content for older girls for the outdoor Journey will be coming in August.
- Older girl STEM offerings coming in 2018 include Robotics badges and Think Like an Engineer Journey. This will include a Leader in Action (LiA) Award, but girls can begin working on a LiA now, if they choose. Requirements will mimic the current LiAs. LiA award will be available for purchase in summer 2018.
- For completion of the Robotics badges (currently D/B/J), it is recommended that volunteers use the instructions located in the VTK and girls use the downloadable packets from the online shop. They work best together.
Resource Packet Updates - 11/21/17
- The Senior Outdoor Journey includes the Adventurer badge (instead of the Sky badge, which was previously announced by GSUSA)
I apologize for any misinterpretations included in the original version. I will continue to share any updates I receive. -Stacie
Item of the Week: Evernote
This is a little bit different than my usual Item of the Week, but I wanted to give you a productivity/organizational tools that I LOVE to help you get organized for the new school year, or for a specific project. Evernote is how I keep all of my notes when I'm brainstorming, getting organized, or taking notes in a meeting. The basic version is FREE, or you can upgrade if you roll that way. (If you listen to episode 9, I tell you why I decided to pay for it...it's pure magic.)